The Official Hibben Knives Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 05:20:58 AM

:    
The OFFICIAL Hibben Knives Forum goes online March 1, 2007
2764 430 1070
: KyWindage
+  The Official Hibben Knives Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: MCarter)
| | |-+  Hoyt / Easton Rambo Bow...
« previous next »
: [1]
: Hoyt / Easton Rambo Bow...  ( 17896 )
Mons

« : December 05, 2007, 02:41:31 AM »

Hello !

I have a black bow from Hoyt / Easton marked Rambo in Orange lettering.   I do not know for how long this bow was made,  but this one is from the mid 80's.  Is there anyone on this forum that knows anything about it ??

It is 100%  mint condition. 
I guess there were made millions of this bow when the movie came out,  but had to ask if someone knew anything about it.... ;) 
MCarter
Not as sharp as my knife
Administrator
: 414

« #1 : December 05, 2007, 04:07:31 AM »

I don't know anything about the bows but I am sure there are people over at StalloneZone who could tell you anything you want to know about it. See their forums at http://craigzablo.proboards18.com/index.cgi?board=SlyTalk

Hibben Knives - Anything else just doesn't cut it.
Jeop86

« #2 : December 27, 2007, 02:44:10 PM »

It is, as you've probably figured out, not identical to the movie bow.  Hoyt Easton took an existing bow and renamed it the Rambo after the movie became a hit.  The movie bow was a takedown model, and the wheel design was different.  Joe Ellithorpe of Pony Express was instrumental in obtaining the bow for Stallone and he trained Stallone how to use it.  Back in the 1980's he told me that the studio would not pay for him to fly to Israel to supervise the bow scenes for Rambo III and blames this for the reason that parts of the bow in that movie are attached incorrectly.
kyumanaz

« #3 : March 01, 2008, 11:04:25 AM »

[I shot a Hoyt Rambo back in 1987. It shot really well, and I was the 4th in my family to use it. It was our families starter bow. I got two decent bucks with it. I miss the old round wheel bows. I am looking for a 1990/1991 High Country Sniper. I dont like how these newer exotic wheeled bows draw. It isn't smooth.

I have a black bow from Hoyt / Easton marked Rambo in Orange lettering.   I do not know for how long this bow was made,  but this one is from the mid 80's.  Is there anyone on this forum that knows anything about it ??

I guess there were made millions of this bow when the movie came out,  but had to ask if someone knew anything about it.... ;) 
[/quote]
Klaus

« #4 : March 03, 2008, 03:35:29 AM »

Mons, go to the Stallonezone and ask Raven, he should know.
dawson

« #5 : July 10, 2008, 09:31:12 PM »

Hello !

I know this is a little late but if u decide to sell your bow let me know!
dawson

« #6 : July 14, 2008, 07:56:06 PM »

Anyone know where I might get lucky and find this bow.
Thanks
MCarter
Not as sharp as my knife
Administrator
: 414

« #7 : July 14, 2008, 09:38:31 PM »

They apparently sold a lot of them new but it is very rare to see one for sale today. I can only recall seeing two for sale in the last few years.

Hibben Knives - Anything else just doesn't cut it.
andy wood
: 139

Hi from England

« #8 : July 18, 2008, 03:37:17 PM »

hello.

it just so happens i know a guy who owns an exact copy of the bow used in the film. the guy who tought Sly to shoot the bow put it together for him for the movie and then went on to put 7 together..............there were going to be 100 i think but for some reason they stopped at 7.

anyway...............he may part with it you never know. he's also a member of this forum so he might even be reading this...?

it is identical to the movie bow...............not the one they churned out later.
dawson

« #9 : July 19, 2008, 03:44:59 PM »

:)  Thanks for all the info.  I am intrested if this guy would like to part with his bow.
Thanks
Josh
RAMBOJOHNJ

« #10 : January 27, 2009, 08:28:37 PM »

Hello !

are you selling it?
RAMBOJOHNJ

« #11 : January 27, 2009, 08:30:54 PM »

Im looking for a hoyt/easton RAMBO bow. Im interested in buying one. Is anybody selling one or know anybody selling one?
dawson

« #12 : June 27, 2009, 08:11:44 PM »

Im looking for a hoyt/easton RAMBO bow. Im interested in buying one. Is anybody selling one or know anybody selling one?

email me if your still intrested jpenland9@bellsouth.net
: [1]  
« previous next »
: